Last month rumours emerged that the villain in Justice League would be Darkseid, and now a new report via Comic Book News has what they say is the full line-up of supheroes for the movie. While we knew Batman and Superman would be included, the report includes various others who should be part of the movie.
Perhaps most intriguingly is that if the report is correct, it’s our clearest suggestion yet that DC wants Henry Cavill in the Superman role and may also try to get Ryan Reynolds back as Green Lantern.
Here’s what CBN says:
• Superman is essentially the same character from Man of Steel, and Zack Snyder is consulting regarding the writing of the character.
• Batman: The strategist of the group. Batman doesn’t really want to be involved with these super powered beings he considers too powerful. Easily the most complex written.
• Wonder Woman: She has only been in man’s world a few short months. The Wonder Woman script Michael Goldenberg is developing will be set before the Justice League movie.
• Green Lantern: Will be Ryan Reynold’s character from the Green Lantern movie, but will be freshly written with a more serious tone.
• Flash: The most popular hero in civilian eyes who loves media attention, but when called upon is very serious.
• Martian Manhunter: Alien who has lived on Earth in secret for over a hundred years who has knowledge of Darkseid and his reign.
• Aquaman: Will be the King of Atlantis who has a key role in the film.• There will also be a heavy military presence in the film which in future rewrites could include characters featured in Man of Steel or even Amanda Waller (Angela Bassett) of which neither are included in the first draft.
• Alfred Pennyworth is in the film in a minor appearance.
• Lois Lane is also in the film in a cameo.
• Darkseid’s Elite will be featured who go up against the Justice League early on in the film.
Will Beall (Gangster Squad) is writing the film, which is currently being planned for a 2015 release (the same year as Avengers 2).